Tuesday, March 8, 2016

When Market Retreats, Pong Pong Pong Again kcchongnz

When the stock market goes down, there are people now coming out Pong, Pong, Pong again and start making personal attacks on some contributors in i3investors, as if they have committed some big crimes, just like the last one here:
In my last article written two days ago on “Does fundamental value investing (FA) have any predictive power?” In the link below here:
I talked about some academic research that demonstrate buying cheap in any form, be it be low P/B, P/E or P/CF (and also P/D) have been consistently over-performed than the broad markets and with less risk.
I have also shown the track records of each of nine disciples of the Master of Fundamental Value Investing, Benjamin Graham, who had generated annual compounded returns (CAR) of between 18% and 29% over track records lasting between 13 to 28 years, out-performing the broad market by wide margins.
I have also shown my personal experience of two portfolios of mine published in i3investor three years ago have over-performed the broad market by over 120%.
The above were shared for the purpose of showing evidence that the right fundamental value investing works in the US, in Bursa and all over the world. Hence I encourage, and I always encourage investors to follow this path, the right path of investing. I have no intention to offend the operators of other methods of investing, as I have little knowledge of them.
It is just like in religion. A true Christian will encourage his friends to embrace Christianity, and a Muslim to propagate his Islam Religion. I don’t see it as a problem.
Then came these comments out of the blue in my thread talking something completely out of point:

Posted by lux88 > Mar 6, 2016 09:36 PM | Report Abuse http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gif
KC, what your stock performance for 2016?
U not even dare to compete for the i3 stock pick competition.
Even though OTB portfolio is doing weak now, at least he dare to take part and dare to admit mistake.
OTB i believe will be stronger and wiser now.
Posted by lux88 > Mar 6, 2016 09:51 PM | Report Abuse http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gif
Kchong,u no ball to compete, OTB better than u.
No need to talk big here.
How well? Ur Coastal also drop 50%.
When I saw the first sentence I thought there was a kind soul who cares about me, whether I got margin calls or not recently due to the sharp falls of a number of export stocks. I was deadly wrong when I carried on reading the rest. I will deal with the first point later on how are my stocks performance. Now I will deal with this “stock pick competition” first.

Stock Picks Challenges in i3investor
The first “Stock Pick Challenge” named “GE13 Watch” was initiated by Tan KW in January 2013. There were three participants, one pulled out later and left with me and Ooi Teik Bee, the same OTB mentioned in the comments of lux88 above. See the link below.
The second “Stock Pick Challenge” named “2H 2013” was initiated again by Tan KW around July 2013, and again there were the same two participants, me and OTB, as in this link below:
No one said the one who pulled out “got no balls”, or anyone who did not participate as “no balls”. Just wonder how this degrading term came about.
In fact, I have clarified that I joined in the “Stock pick Challenge” not as a challenge, but as a mean of sharing my way of stock selection; every stock selected, especially the second portfolio, came with detail analysis, and with valuations. Those who are interested can still read each of the detailed analysis in the link above.
Then there was this third “Stock Pick Challenge”, and the fourth one, both have many participants. I did not participate as firstly, I have no time to write about the analysis, and secondly for me, putting up some stocks for “Challenge” for a one-year period has not much meaning for sharing of value investing, because value investing is not for a “challenge” for a short duration of one year, and fourthly, may be it was time for me to “retire” from this kind of “challenges”, and let my course participants to do the job. And in fact there were a number of them in the third challenge and they all did very well using FA.
This is what one of the forumers said:
Posted by NOBY > Jan 4, 2016 01:52 PM | Report Abuse http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gif
@TanKW, I believe KC Chong has shared his picks and write ups on i3 and will continue to do so outside this competition.
Nevertheless, Tan KW still use what I have written in i3investor and compile a gigantic 25-stocks portfolio for sharing purposes, which I had no objection. But do you see me, or anyone, putting that up for the “challenge”?
Actually the gigantic portfolio did very well in my standard for the one year, I think it was about 25% return, but there are still people using it to ridicule it, because it was way below the return of many contestants for the third challenge, including this one below.
Posted by koonthebest > Mar 7, 2016 07:23 PM | Report Abuse http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gif
PONG PONG PONG! below average returns portfolio! 70% participants in 2015 stockpickers did better!
 Tan KW's Portfolio: Stock Pick 2015 - kcchongnz
http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gifMar 7, 2016 09:13 PM | Report Abuse http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gif
PONG PONG PONG! kcchongnz empty tong PONG PONG PONG loudest!

The portfolio of 25 stocks returns 15.2% as at 7th March 2016 as shown in i3investor, compared to the drop of the broad market of 3% for the same 5 quarters period, or a compounded annual growth rate of 12.5%. This beats the return of the broad flattish market during the same period.
In fact, it should be much better as I can see some stock prices have not been adjusted for bonus issues, such as TASCO, and probably, not all dividends have been included too. If I can maintain this return for long term investing, say 20 years, I would be doing very well then.
So I have no complaint, but remember, that is not a portfolio for challenge, but something to share with others on my investment thesis. No need to compare that with your return. It has no meaning.

Let us go to the more productive part, to answer the question below.
Posted by lux88 > Mar 6, 2016 09:36 PM | Report Abuse http://cdn1.i3investor.com/cm/icon/trans16.gif
KC, what your stock performance for 2016?
 
Here I do not want to talk about those portfolios set up three years ago, as they have been doing extremely well in the last three years and a blip of the market recently won’t affect much on their long term performance.

Stocks compiled for 2016
Many would have noticed I don’t write much about stock picks nowadays, and I rely more on what my previous course participants’ recommendations for my personal investment. Hence for the last 6-8 months, I have only written on a handful of stocks; they are appended below:
  1. Scientex

  1. Pintaras

  1. Perstima

  1. Padini

  1. ECS ICT

All the stocks written above came with detail analysis and valuations for sharing of investment ideas, and a specific investment strategy as explained in my write up in the appended links respectively. I appreciate your critical comments.
Since the beginning of this year, the broad KLCI dropped just 0.6% from 1698 to 1688. However, the smaller capitalized stocks, especially the hot export stocks dropped by more than 20%.
As on 8th March 2016 today, the portfolio of 5 stocks return an average of 20% as shown in Table 1 in the Appendix. There is not a single loser in the five-stocks portfolio. That means not only the portfolio way out-performed the broad market, every single stock does so.
Thank God, those stocks were chosen with safety first in mind with the motto of:
"Take care of the downside, and the upside will take care of itself."
With that principle, my stocks performing very well in 2016, otherwise there will also be Pong Pong Pong on me too.
Mr. lux88, any more comment? Does it make you happy?

For those who wish to learn about investing with this “Golden Rule” in mind, you may contact me at


K C Chong

Table 1: 2016 Stock Return

No comments:

Post a Comment

白銀價格即市走勢